Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day With Dolls

What a glorious day!

Like minded women of all ages, gathered together learning and sharing new techniques in doll making.

I was amazed at what the 14 yr old girls were doing and enjoyed watching the creative process.

Mary Ann Kaahanui and Bonnie B. Lewis of Dollmaker's Journey came to share and vend.

This is Mary Ann telling of patterns and books available on CD, along with new tools and gadgets.
Joyce Stroman had a few dolls of her own.
We are pleased to have her teaching a Sunday Art-Is class.
I don't know who the creator of this little creature was, but the work was exquisite.
For me, the piece that won my heart was Stephanie Novatsky's Tree.

She took a piece of limb with a side growth of fungus and created magic.
Gwen Jackson, the 3D club president, and her right hand gal (sister), Doris, did a wonderful job of organizing the various doll clubs from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to attend. The day was a success and hats off to the 3D Doll Club of Mt Vernon, NY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there and enjoyed seeing all the dolls. I was wearing my Liberace pin, which is on my blog.