Monday, December 31, 2007

Years End

It's hard to believe the year comes to an end tonight. These past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind.

Christmas was full of family and friends sharing the day with us. We opened presents, ate, laughed, reminisced, ate some more and had an endless supply of dishes being fed into the dishwasher.
Wednesday was take the grandkids to the area hotel to visit our friends so they could swim and eat pizza. It was a great break from the ice and snow for the kids, who seemed to love the hot tub as much as the pool.
Doesn't a couple hours over coffee with a dear friend sound lovely? That was Thursday morning at the area Starbucks. The Starbucks is just off campus and has a great atmosphere for listening to music, people watching and just enjoying the moment.
Saturday brought us to NY. The boys did electrical things all day while we girls ended up meeting Mrs. Pom at the local Starbucks to discuss ArtFest4theSoul 2008. Sal and I were blessed with receiving a lovely 4" x 4" canvas, mine being Merry, from our dear friend. We couldn't stay away all day so we left Mrs. Pom and went back to the house for more planning of ArtFest4theSoul, the teachers we want to invite, the trip to Tinsel Trading next weekend plus all the other ideas we have locked away in our minds.
Being only 2hrs from NY is a real blessing to me. I have grown to love visiting more and more.
Yesterday brought the closure of a very special place. I had been part of the Norfolk Artisans Guild for years and after almost 20 yrs they have decided to close. Today was their last day but due to the snow storm I opted to collect my things a day early. A melancholy moment in clearing the shelves. " When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."


Today the unfinished business of ArtFest4theSoul 2007 was finished.


Today we started Art Is...2008; Columbus Day weekend at the Crowne Plaza in Cromwell, CT. Today the traditional New Years Eve meat pies were made in honor of my father-in-law. I will ring in the night by writing the things I am most grateful for; my family, my friends (both old and new), my health and the abundant wealth from knowing how blessed I truly am.
I wish you all a healthy, happy and prosperous 2008.




No comments: