Saturday, January 22, 2011

What have I been creating?

The travelling ginger letter…that’s what…

My granddaughter’s 100_0316-1

kindergarten teacher has organized for each child to receive 2 letters from the Ginger.

I wish I could see the surprised looks on their faces when they get them.

Ginger sent this from our house…

Dear Madison,

I hope you, your classmates and Mrs. Wengard are having a very good day.

I went to Connecticut to visit my friends. We had a lot of fun and I want to tell you all about it.

My first visit was to the Grandmother’s house.

image

Look at the beautiful Christmas tree she had.

This decoration made me giggle. image

Do you see me? Do you know who’s inside the bucket?

The next morning, after breakfast, we went to New York City.

I was very excited because I never went to New York before.

Here I am at the American Girl Doll store. image

Your cousin is showing me her favorite Girl, Felicity.

There are a lot of dolls in that store and it is very hard to choose a favorite.

We did a lot of walking. I got tired so I sat on your cousin’s shoulder.

Have you ever been to New York City?

There is a place called Chelsea Market and it has lots of food stores and restaurants.

They have a candy store, a brownie baker, fresh fruit and vegetables, lots of food.

The Food Channel is taped upstairs in Chelsea Market.

My favorite thing was walking through the tunnel of lights image

and all the yummy smells.

We were so tired; we slept all the way home.

Surprise! Look at all the snow we had while we were sleeping. image

I helped Boompa and Annie (the dog) shovel the driveway.

I helped build snowmen image with Chelsea, Jake and 3 new friends.

I’m glad I got to play in the snow on my last day.

When everyone was busy, I went to the Grandmother’s art room.

Look at all the beautiful crayon colors. image She has a lot of glitter, too!

I had a lot of fun in Connecticut and New York City.

Connecticut is very cold,image but I liked playing in the snow.

I am leaving now. I am going to my Grandma’s house before I go back to Mississippi.

See you soon, Madi. Bye!


Your friend,

Ginger

P.S- This is my Grandma’s house. Do you like it?

image

That’s what I’ve been doing…

4 comments:

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Ellen...I love it...that is one of the adventurous & exciting journeys that Ginger will have...it looked like a lot a fun was had by all...love the snowpeople & the bedroom ~ LOVE IT...tooo coooollll....have a honey of a night ~ sweet dreams! Grace Peace Love & many blessings 2 U, Love ya' Marlene xox

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

How adorable! I love this! I am sure she will be so delighted!

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

You are such a cool grandmother Ellen!

:o)
They are very blessed/lucky to have you!

Sandie R said...

Oh Ellen this is a wonderfull adventure story. Sounds like Ginger had so much fun and I'll bet Madi was excited to get the letter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving lovely comments. I always look at yourw but don't always have time to comment.